Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sister Gives Me Head When I Was Sleeping

Conscious


Venice ... gloomy day.
I wonder what am I doing here. I have a new album in the ears of the Dropkick Murphys. And suddenly comes the effect Madeleine. I, the streets, hands in his pockets and loud music in my ears. A strange sense of paranoia mixed with happiness, hope that things will change. At 16, 17 years music was my life, I wanted to be a music critic, Lester Bangs to be Italian. And then I drew: I wanted to make the artist. Designed for hours, anywhere, from the diaries, on the arms, on the shelves at home. Head bowed, whites and blacks, sad people (for my mother) ideal friends (for me). Sense of belonging, imagination, comic books, booze unconscious, community centers, events, low rise jeans, t-shirts with the number, the smell of used stuff (which still was not vintage).
Bologna as you were away.
No it is not nostalgia. It is the pride of being that. It is the feeling that something is still there. And some music, thank God, I remember.

Strange is not it? We thought all of this on the same day ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment